Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mommy's heart is heavy this afternoon.


i happened to stumble across a blog today that has made me so sad. I don't know this person, but my heart hurts for her so much. I don't know the entire story, but her baby was born very very early and he did not survive. I can not even imagine going through something like that. i just can't. i would be a complete total mess if i lost my child. no parent should have to lose a child. i would probably be like Izzie on Grey's Anatomy when Denny died. i would be plastered to the floor and wouldn't have the strength to move for a while.

her blog also had a link to a video of someone else who went through the same thing. it was an 18 minute video, and it was like a letter to her baby. but her baby was born super early, and he lived for 26 days. the video was of their short journey.

well, by the end of the video, i was a teary eyed sobbing mess, sitting at my desk at work.

all i want to do now, is run to daycare and get Lacie and just hold her tighter than ever and hug and kiss her. i am so greatful to God that i have such a sweet wonderful rambunctious baby girl! and i cant for get my "baby" boy! who is almost 8! but, he is not a baby any more and is currently making his rounds this summer at all the grandparents' houses. i miss him, but i know he is in good hands and is making memories with the grandparents!

so, when you get home, hug those babies extra tight tonight and thank the good Lord for these prescious days as they go by fast.

1 comment:

christenandjames said...

Hola lady! You've been selected as a recipient for a blogger award! See my cooking blog for more details!